2022 Lent and Easter Worship Services
All midweek Worship Services will be held at 6:30 PM unless otherwise noted.
A light meal will be served at 6:00 PM on March 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, and April 6. There will be no meal served on Maundy Thursday or Good Friday.
- 3/02 ~ Ash Wednesday, with Communion
- 3/09 ~ Midweek Lent
- 3/16 ~ Midweek Lent
- 3/23 ~ Midweek Lent
- 3/30 ~ Midweek Lent
- 4/06 ~ Midweek Lent
- 4/10 ~ Palm Sunday Worship Service at 10:00 AM
- 4/14 ~ Maundy Thursday with Communion, 6:30 PM (no meal before)
- 4/15 ~ Good Friday Service at 6:30 PM (no meal before)
Easter Sunday, April 17th
- Easter Breakfast: 8:30 to 9:30 AM
- Easter Egg hunt: 9:15 to 9:45 AM
- Easter Worship Service at 10:00 AM
- Living Hope’s YouTube channel
- Archived Living Hope Sermon videos (videos will open within the database)
- Devotional articles written by Pastor Jeske
- WELS 2020 Easter Sunday service online
- Home Devotions
- A Congregation at Prayer (PDF booklet by Mt. Olive Church, Overland Park, KS)
- WELS movie series (4 movies based on the Gospels & Acts)
Lent and Easter Bible readings
Learn about Holy Week
~ + ~
Hallelujah! Jesus lives!
He is now the Living One;
From the gloomy halls of death
Christ the Conqueror has gone,
Bright Forerunner to the skies
Of His people, yet to rise.
Jesus lives! Let all rejoice!
Praise Him, ransomed ones of earth.
Praise Him in a nobler song,
Cherubim of heav’nly birth.
Praise the Victor-King, whose sway
Sin and death and hell obey.
Jesus lives! Why weepest thou?
Why that sad and frequent sigh?
He who died our Brother here
Lives our Brother still on high.
Lives forever to bestow
Blessings on His Church below.
Jesus lives! And thus, my soul,
Life eternal waits for thee;
Joined to Him, thy living Head,
Where He is, thou, too shalt be;
With Himself, at His right hand,
Victor over death shalt stand.
~ Carl B. Garve (1825)