Evangelical Lutheran Church
4823 S. 168th St, Omaha, NE 68135
(in the Millard area of west Omaha)
What do we believe?
- We believe that the Holy Bible is God’s Word and that His will is revealed to us there in written form.
- We believe that all people have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and that he has won salvation for us all.
- We believe that those who have faith in Jesus Christ as their Savior and are baptized will be saved and have eternal life!
Who are we?
We are a group of caring Christians in southwest Omaha, NE. We serve Jesus Christ by providing opportunities for people to learn about Jesus, sing His praise and grow in faith and in life.
Pastor Tom Jeske serves the people of Living Hope. He, his wife Liz (soil science faculty member at Nebraska-Lincoln), and their four children have lived in Omaha since 1995.
Our Precious Lambs Child Care and Preschool offers the families in our community care and education for their little ones. Deb Hamilton is the Director of OPL.
Women Serving Christ and the Lutheran Women’s Missionary Society offer the ladies of our congregation Christian fellowship and the opportunity to be involved in various activities and mission projects.
Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod. Living Hope is a member of WELS, which is the third largest Lutheran church body in America. We are a confessional Lutheran church. This means that we subscribe to the Book of Concord of 1580 as the standard of our teaching and practice. For a web-version of this document please go to www.BookOfConcord.org.
We welcome you to:
- a group where you will learn about Jesus Christ
- a place where your skills and ideas can be shared
- a pastor who is trained to help you grow in God’s Word
- a gathering-place to meet supportive Christian friends
- a home base from which we serve neighborhood & world
Information and resources